Sunday 9 October 2011

Seven Days to Go!

This is my first attempt at blogging, so please be gentle with me!

It's precisely seven days till I set-off on my sojourn to the Americas to explore world class landscape restoration, courtesy of the generosity of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust. Apprehension is building as is the worry that there is far to much to do between now and then. (And what happens if I'm left in limbo on a Patagonian highway with only a smattering of my appalling Spanish to survive with? Or the bott flies attack?)

Anyway, seven days left of family time till I depart for two months. Maxine, Alice and Katie; thank you for your support and encouragement in allowing me to take advantage of my Churchill Trust Travelling Fellowship.

Thank you too to Cornwall's fabulous Eden Project, my erstwhile employer (for 12 years) - especially Tim Smit and Tony Kendle for assisting me with my Churchill Trust application; and my current employer, Wardell Armstrong International, for their support in getting me to this state of imminent departure.

Stay posted!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good sir! Just make sure to keep this updated and load up plenty of snaps!

    If I don't see you before you head off - stay safe, have fun and see you at Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Pete - this really does look like an amazing trip!

    Take care of yourself and I will log in regularly for PWA anecdotes!

    Cheers Deb at WAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are finally on your way,hopefully no more distasters with hire cars. Katie is already tracking your journey on the giant map and alice is cooking tea. We had a lovely walk in the sunshine this afternoon.
    lots of love
    Max, Alice and Katie

    ReplyDelete